A post came across the PALO Creative Twitter feed asking for suggestions on what a company could do when they participated in the local Relay For Life race. They were looking for something different, creative and that incorporated social media. After a brief brainstorming session, I came up with the following ideas. Let me know if you love them, hate them, or have any to add.
1. Print qr codes on team tee-shirts that take people to your Facebook page and make a monetary donation for every new like.
2. Have a tent at the event and sell baked goods with QR codes on them that take people to a special landing page. Donate the profits to the cause.
3. Make a Flip video of interviews of participants about why they are participating. Post the, on your social media outlets.
4. If it’s a longer race, document your training and have your followers vote on who they think will “win” the race.
5. Have a best photo caption contest from the event. Snap a crazy photo, post it on your Facebook page and ask people to create a captionst for a chance to win something. For every caption posted, make a donation to the cause.