Facebook Deals launched this week. It works in conjunction with Facebook Places, which came out back in August. As of right now, Facebook Deals is still in a testing phase and has offered opportunities to try it to a select number of companies in the U.S. However, once it is rolled out to the general public, businesses will have to claim their places page in order to take advantage or it. With Facebook’s gigantic reach, it will blow Foursquare and other geo-location services out of the game. Here is a little explanation about how and why you should take advantage of Facebook Deals.
The utilization of Facebook fan pages has become a staple of recent viral marketing tactics. It is one of the best and most affordable ways to promote sales, special deals, contests and new products or services. If you don’t already have a fan page, create one here.
Fill out the “Official Page” section and start collecting fans.
Read more here http://www.facebook.com/FacebookPages
Facebook Places pages are created as people “check in” to your physical location. If you aren’t sure if people have checked in to yours, do a simple search. If nothing comes up follow these steps to create and claim your place.
1. Access the Places application on your supported device.
2. Click “Check In.”
3. Click the “Add” button to the left of the Places Names search box.
4. Enter a name for the new Place as well as an optional description of it. Then, click the “Add” button at the bottom right of the page.
5. Click the “Check In” button to share your visit.
Once you create your Place, search for it again on Facebook, follow the “Is this your business?” link, and begin the process to claim your Place. Please note that more Places will be added over time.
Read more here.
On the left-hand side of Blue Wolf Tavern’s page, you can see how many people have checked in.
You will now be able to merge your places page with your business fan page. Now you can take advantage of Facebook Deals. You can choose from four different types of deals to offer customers. By offering the deals, you are giving people an incentive to check-in to your place, creating visibility of your name and building loyal customers. When they check in at your Facebook Place, it shows up on their profile and in the News Feed for all their friends to see.
Users can find Facebook Deals when they check in at different locations using Facebook Places for Android or the Facebook iPhone App.
1. Individual Deal: You can offer this type of deal to both new and existing customers. You may create Individual Deals when you want to launch a new product, get rid of excess inventory, offer seasonal incentives, or simply get more people into your store.
2. Friend Deal: Friend Deals allow you to offer discounts to groups of up to 8 people, when they check in together. Friend Deals are a great way to build even more exposure for your business because more stories are generated when multiple people check-in.
3. Loyalty Deal: To focus on rewarding your most loyal customers, create a Loyalty Deal. These deals may be claimed by customers only after a certain number of check-ins. Depending on your business, the number of check-ins may vary. Please note that you must create a deal that is redeemable after no fewer than two and no more than 20 check-ins.
4. Charity Deal: Create a Charity Deal to make a donation to the charity of your choice. This is a great way for your business to give back to the community while adding a human touch to your business.
The whole concept of Deals is based on geotargeting. People can search for deals in the area they are in and see which friends are using a deal in real-time. Also, utilizing other technologies such as Twitter search, you can geotarget individuals who are savvy enough to hashtag their locations to @ reply and remind them to check out your deals.